Hurricane Season is June 1 – Nov. 30, 2013
NOAA Forecasts: nine hurricanes, four major hurricanes expected, 18 named storms.
Download PDF> Hill York Emergency Response Summary
Hill York Technicians are Fast, Resourceful & Skilled
Hill York has significant resources available for disaster recovery repairs. We have skilled manpower, tools, supplies, transportation, mobile communications and experience. We can quickly mobilize resources from a non-affected area to help supplement our resources in an affected area.
Our Pre-Storm Capabilities
Prevention is the key to a quick recovery after a storm. Planning ahead to prevent unnecessary damage is critical. Hill York can supply the manpower and expertise to help you protect your facility. Our services are varied and include:
• Electrical isolation of equipment and machinery to prevent surge damage.
• Structural tie down of exposed equipment to prevent wind damage.
• Installation of window protection (shutters, plywood) to prevent flying debris damage.
• Emergency generator set up and testing.
• Purchase and delivery of emergency supplies for use after a storm event (water, tarps, fuel, etc.).
• Documentation of existing conditions for insurance purposes.
Hill York is licensed as a full-service mechanical contractor in the State of Florida. Our most valuable resource is the ability to be on-site immediately after the storm passes to protect facilities from further damage. Our services include:
• Air-conditioning unit repairs and replacements
• Refrigeration unit repairs and replacements
• Condensate drain line repairs and replacements
• Sheet metal duct repairs and replacements
• Fiberglass duct repairs and replacements
• Electrical repairs to equipment (load side of breaker or disconnect switch)
• Storm shutter installation and removal
• Boarding up of windows and doors that have been damaged
• Boarding and sealing of roof penetrations to prevent water intrusion
• Debris removal to protect life and property
• Capping and safeguarding of exposed electrical wiring to prevent injury
• Minor water extraction (using wet-vacs)
Additional Support Services
We also have access to subcontractors that can provide a range of services that include:
• Crane and hoisting
• Temporary cooling
• Moisture removal
• Electrical system repairs & replacement
• Roofing repairs
• Debris removal and disposal
• Plumbing repairs
Our Communication Capabilities
• BellSouth provides us a virtual private network (VPN), backed up by their bunker protected system.
• Our main computer system is designed to be mobile, in order to move it to another branch (in case a direct hit in Fort Lauderdale is imminent) and keep our data system operational.
• Each office has multiple Verizon air-cards and laptops for mobile Internet connection.
• Each office has walkie-talkie capabilities.
Our Assembled Force of Manpower
All Hill York trucks are equipped with GPS tracking systems. Each branch office has skilled technicians with trucks that are stocked with materials and tools to provide mechanical maintenance and repairs. These technicians, by nature of their mechanical ability to “fix things”, are inherently capable of many other types of repairs that would be necessitated by storm damage.
We are your Disaster Recovery Experts.
Hill York had direct experience with Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Jeanne in 2004, and with Katrina, Rita and Wilma in 2005. Below are a few high profile organizations to which we were able to help provide disaster recovery services.
Wal-Mart used our services to replace and repair all its damaged facilities (58 stores), from Naples to Fort Pierce, after Wilma removed many of its roof package A/C units.
Charlotte County Schools relied on us to seal roof penetrations, board up broken windows, temporarily repair roofs and replace all the damaged A/C systems for their affected schools after Charley hit the area as a Category 5 storm. We had 22 trucks working on their schools within 24 hours after the storm struck.
Florida Power and Light used our technicians to quickly repair the A/C systems at its Juno Beach power generation facilities after Hurricane Frances and Jeanne.
Our Service Areas
100% of metropolitan areas, south of the I-4 corridor are serviced by a local Hill York branch office. Branches are in the cities of Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Melbourne, Sarasota and Tampa, and between them, cover the following counties in Florida: Alachua, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Flagler, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, Seminole, St. Lucie, Volusia
Up to date information on the 2013 hurricane season is captured from the National Hurricane Center. To learn more visit http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/